About The Amber Health, Beauty and Sports Injury Clinic.
Introducing Adelia, our Principal Therapist
Adelia, our principal Therapist, started Amber Health & Beauty over 15 years ago in Plymouth, having previously traded under different names. Ten years ago we purchased the Top Flat, which allowed the development of The Amber Health, Beauty and Sports Injury Clinic which was the natural progression as time and training dictated. Having just got the upper flat operating efficiently, we were devastated by a fire in June 2010, which has now been fully repaired (Sept 2011). This has resulted in a brand new Salon, with up to 5 Treatment rooms, a walk in Shower and large Reception Room, all fully kitted out with brand new equipment.
Adelia has been practising since 1991, following her initial qualification as a Beauty Therapist in Plymouth and later qualifications in Sports Injury Massage. Subsequently Adelia has attended many refresher courses, and is continually expanding her expertise through examination and practical training. She has gained an excellent reputation over the last 18 years; for professionalism and customer care. She is well recognised by her Clients as “Simply the Best”.
Adelia is proud to have been a Member of BABTAC (The British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology) for nearly 20 years. All our treatments are fully insured through BABTAC.
Many of our Clients are now considered personal friends. All seem very happy to recommend and promote the business. In fact well over 60% of our new Customers’ come from recommendation.
The Reception Area and Treatment Rooms are simply covered in Certificates of Achievement – over 48 different training courses to date have been completed. Our “Client Visitors Book” is well worth a read. Later you may want to add your own comment.
Click to read our Visitor Book Testimonials ….
Due to clients demands on Adelia’s limited time, we would gladly consider another well qualified freelance Beauty Therapist who would wish to rent one of our spare treatment rooms. Full support would be given by Adelia to meet her exacting standards.
Our principal range of treatments in the Amber Health, Beauty and Sports Injury Clinic include:
- Body Hair Removal (Egyptian Cotton Threading, Waxing using Lycon Hot and Strip Wax from Australia and Computerised Electrolysis or Epilation. Treatments are fully Uni-sex, although S&C is not included for men). We hope in the future to offer a Laser Hair Removal System. We now offer the Chromogenex PhaserEPL .. Impulse Light IPL Hair Removal / Reduction System at very competitive prices.
- Jane Iredale Mineral Make-up for Weddings and Special occasions, Eyelash Tinting and Perming and Eyebrow Shaping. False Eyelashes can be provided and fitted, but not Eyelash Extensions.
- Manicures with French or Gelish Gel Nail Polish and Mavala Hand Care Products,
- Pedicures with Mavala Products from Switzerland, Callus Peel Products from Korea,and Sixtus Foot Care Products from Germany. We treat cracked heels, corns and calluses, athletes foot fungus, tired feet, foot odour, poor circulation or sensitivity. Providing Callus Peel, Foot and Leg Massage, Nail and Cuticle work, and Paraffin wax treatments as required.
- We have a whole range of Environ Facials and General Skin Treatments, Non-Surgical Body Sculpturing, and Facial Muscle Treatments by Environ and CACI. All aimed at giving you, our Client, the opportunity to look 10 years younger, although the best and most economical way to a healthy skin, is to keep out of the Sun and to Stop Smoking. These Advanced Skin Care Treatments now include Soft Skin Peel and Collagen Stimulation Therapy or Needling; with up-to 3 mm needle rollers.
- Instead of lying in the Sun for hours on end or on a UV Bed, why not try our SiennaX Spray Tanning.
- We are in discussions with a Doctor to provide Botox and Other Skin Filler Treatments. We don’t believe these types of Treatments should be provided other than by a Doctor.
- General Massage Treatments include: Swedish style relaxing massage – from Back, Neck and Shoulders to Full Body, Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Hot Shell Massage (Better than Hot Stones), G5 Gyrator Massage, Pre-Tanning Salt Scrub and Burashi-Shintai – Body Brushing, Indian Head Massage, and Hot Ear Candle treatments, etc.
The Amber Sports Injury Clinic caters for those Clients requiring Soft Tissue Manipulation either prior to Sports or post sport activity. Very good results have been achieved with Clients with Whiplash, Fybromyalytus, Arthritis or just Old Age.
Treatment generally includes:
- Consultation, Assessment, Initial Treatment, Advice and continuing Aftercare.
- Soft Tissue Manipulation techniques (which can be quite painful) include; Deep and Soft Tissue Massage, Trigger Point Therapy, Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, G5, Lymphatic System Light Massage, etc.
- We are listed with Whatclinic.com for skin repair treatments.